The well-known Red Bridge Cooking School in Hoi An offers choices for half day, full day and evening cooking class, everyday of the year. Highlights include a guided tour of Hoi An's colorful central market, boat trip on the Hoi An River, and hands on cooking lessons and recipes.
Join the cooking class at Red Bridge Cooking school
8.15am We start the day with a welcome drink at Hai Café (98 Nguyen Thai Hoc street, Hoi An town)
Visit Hoi An’s colorful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – the Red Bridge chefs first demonstrate each dish before we prepare the same dishes ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, we sit down and eat what we have cooked.
Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of the 20 meter swimming pool – towels and showers provided.
- Rice paper (making)
- Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
- Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs, Bean Sprouts & a Peanut Sauce
- Seafood Salad with mixed Vietnamese Herbs served in Half a Pineapple
- Vietnamese Eggplant in Clay Pot
- Food Decoration – Pineapple Boat, 3 Coloured Flowers & Vietnamese Hand Fan
Vegetarians are provided with replacement ingredients
Lunch includes the above meals as well as: Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of Fresh Vegetables (not included in the demonstration).
Choose optional cooking classes
1. RED BRIDGE CLASSIC HALF DAY TOUR (8.15am to 1pm)
Fun & interesting half-day learning about Vietnamese food and the Hoi An way of life.
Highlights: Guided tour of Hoi An’s colourful central market, boat trip on the Hoi An River, herb garden walk, 2 hours hand on cooking class, and finish with lunch.
Tour price: US$33 per person
2. RED BRIDGE DELUXE TOUR (8am to 3pm)
Maximum class size of 8 people.
Designed for food enthusiasts wanting an in-depth understanding of Vietnamese cuisine.
Hands-on cooking from start to finish of 4 famous Vietnamese dishes including ‘Beef Noodle Soup (Pho)’ & Clay Pot Fish with Dill (Cha Ca)
Highlights: Tour to Tra Que organic herb gardens, purchase ingredients at the local village market, 3 hours of in-depth hands on cooking, lunch, and return trip to Hoi An by boat.
Tour price: US$50 per person
3. HAI CAFE EVENING COOKING CLASS (6pm to 8pm)
1 hour & 15 minute class followed by dinner.
Maximum class size of 10 persons.
Hai Cafe is located in the center of Hoi An Ancient Town.
Highlights: Learn to make Hoi An specialty dishes – including fried spring rolls, grilled fish in banana leaves, & beef salad in a bamboo basket.
Tour price: US$19 per person
Private cooking course is available upon request
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) at Hai Scout Café.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic), and 1 water at Red Bridge.
- Local English speaking tour guide and chef.
- Boat trip.
- Cooking demonstration and lunch.
- All recipes and notes.
- Transfer from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An.
- Free use of the new Red Bridge swimming pool (towels & showers provided).
- Taxis are available back to town/beach area for around US$3-4 per car.
- Beverage & other meals not specified,
- Personal expenses & tips,
- Travel insurance.